Information for Homeowners
We partner with homeowners to provide the best results. Educating our residents on best practices has been a top priority since the program began in 1984!
Dunks® (larvicide) utilize a naturally-occurring type of bacteria to control mosquitoes before they become flying, biting, potentially disease-carrying adults.
- Dunks® do not use chemicals to control mosquitoes.
- They are effective on mosquito and black fly larvae, and have been recommended for use in backyard ponds or fountains where fish, frogs, tadpoles, and other aquatic animals live.
- Studies have shown minimal irritation when Dunks® are eaten or contact bare skin. Therefore, you should avoid getting material from Dunks® in your eyes, and wash your hands after handling.
Mosquito Dunks are available at local hardware stores, big box stores, and online. An alternate product for purchase is Summit Dunks
Mosquitoes can breed in small pockets of water—as small as a bottle cap! To minimize mosquito breeding:
- Remove, flip or empty standing water in all containers
- Change water frequently in items like birdbaths.
- Fill in tree rot holes or stumps that can hold water.
- Store boats covered or upside down.
- Pull plastic sheeting or tarps covering yard items tightly so water won’t pool.